It’s an excellent idea to lock all of your Word Documents with a password in the event that they contain your personal data. This can prevent anyone with an access point to the computer from accessing your personal information.
Password Secure Word Documents on PC or Mac
There are many people who like keeping diaries, journals and writing journals. keeping all sorts of personal data on Microsoft Word Documents on their PC or Mac instead of using journals notes, diaries and note books constructed from paper.
The disadvantage of this behavior is that anyone who has an internet connection could access any one of your Word Documents and start reading through your entire journal or diary, or personal data.
Fortunately, all Versions that are available of Microsoft Office come with a built-in feature that allows you to protect your password the security of a Word Document.
Below, you will find the steps needed to protect your password Microsoft Word documents in Office 2007 2013, 2010, and 2016 on both the PC as well as on a Mac.
It is important to You must ensure that your password you choose is something you can keep in mind or save in a safe place.
Password Guard Microsoft Word Document for Office 2013, and 2016, on PC
The process of creating a password to Word Documents in Office 2013 and 2016 on a PC is an extremely simple and simple procedure.
1. Open the Word Document which you’d like to protect with a password
2. Once the Word Document is opened Click on the File option that is found in the top left-hand corner.
3. On the next screen, select Info from the menu left to see if you’re not yet there. Info screen.
4. Next click on Protect Document (See the image above)
5. From the ensuing dropdown , click on the Encrypt with Password option.
6. Next, you will get a popup. you must enter the password of Word Document Word Document and click on OK. The next pop-up will appear. enter the password again and then click OK again.
7. Now, close the Word document. Then, from the pop-up , click Save in order to store the modifications you’ve just made.
Every time someone attempts to open that Word document the user will be required create a password in order to access Word Documents. Word Document.
Password Secure Microsoft Word Document within Office 2013, and 2016, on Mac
The process to secure passwords for the password of a Word Document in Office 2013 and 2016 on Mac is different from the method used on PC. PC.
1. On your Mac open the Word Document that you would like to secure with a password
2. Once the document is opened, select the Review tab at the top (See the image below)
3. Next click on”Protect” document (See the image below)
4. On the next screen, you will have the option of entering an Open Password for the document as well as a password to edit the document. Enter the Password into one or both of the boxes before clicking on OK.
5. Next, you will get a pop-up. you can rent your password and click Ok to save your password.
From now on , whenever you or someone else attempts to open the Word document the user will be asked to input the password.
Password Protect Word Documents in Office 2007 and 2010.
The method to protect passwords for Word Document in Office 2007 and 2010 is totally different from the way it is done in Office 2013 and 2016.
1. Open the Word document you wish to protect with a password.
2. Next, click on the Office icon that is located in the upper left-hand corner.
3. From the dropdown hover your mouse over the Prepare option, and then click Encrypt Document (See the picture above)
4. From the pop-up you can enter a password for your Word document
5. On the next pop-up renter , enter the password.
6. Once you have created an account password, simply click the x symbol and from the popup , select Save to keep your password.
Remove the password out of Word Document in Office 2013 and 2016.
If you don’t wish to secure your password for your Word Document than you can take away the password.
1. Open the Word Document which you’d like to deactivate passwords on and then click File > Information > Protect Document
2. From the dropdown menu, select Encrypt using Password
3. On the pop-up delete the password that’s present and click OK.
4. Now close the Word document and click Save to erase the password.
If you’re a Mac user, you can also delete passwords from a Word document, in case you do not require one anymore.
1. Open the Word Document that you wish to get rid of passwords from and then click on the Review tab.
2. Next click on Protect Document.
3. On the next screen, clear the password from the box, then click OK to save the changes
Remove the password in Word Document in Office 2007 and 2010.
If you are looking to erase passwords from an Word Document, then follow the steps in the following.
1. Open the Word Document you wish to deactivate the password from.
2. Click on the Office icon located in the upper left corner of your screen.
3. Next hover your mouse over the Prepare option, and then click Encrypt Document (See the image above)
4. From the pop-up erase the password, then click OK.