Its Messaging App available on iPhone allows you to delete individual text messages as well as the entire Message conversation from your phone. Here are the steps for delete Text messages from your iPhone.
Then delete text messages from iPhone
If you’re making use of the Messages App on your iPhone You will often encounter the need to remove some Text Messages on your phone.
In general, people want to clear out iMessages or Text Messages in order to free up storage space and clear messages in the Messaging App and also to safeguard sensitive or confidential data.
Below are the steps needed to delete each Text messages, as well as steps to erase the entire conversation on iPhone.
1. Delete Individual Text Messages on iPhone
This method can be used to remove the individual Text message or messages from a Message thread , or conversations on an iPhone.
1. Open the Messages App on your iPhone.
2. On the Messages screen, click on the thread Message from which you’d like to erase Text messages.
3. On the next screen, hold and tap on the individual text message you’d like to erase.
4. On the pop-up Select”More.
5. On the next screen, you will be able to select More messages to erase (if there are any) and click on the delete option.
Important:Do not tap on the Delete All option as it will erase the entire message thread from your iPhone.
2. Remove All Messages From iPhone
This method is ideal to delete the entire conversation on Messages or multiple threads of Message on the iPhone.
1. Open the Messages App on your iPhone
2. On the Messages screen, click on the menu icon that is located in the top-right-corner. Then, select the Select Messages option on the slide-up menu that appears.
3. On the next screen, you can select the Message Threads you would like to remove and click on the delete option.
These Message Threads as well as any attachments are deleted out of your iPhone.
3. Bulk Delete Old Messages iPhone
This method is a way to delete in bulk all messages in your iPhone that are older than 30 calendar days and all Attached Photos and documents.
1. Open Settings on your iPhone Scroll down, then click on Messages.
2. On the Messages screen, select the Keep Messages.
3. On the next screen, click on 30 Days.
4. On the confirmation pop-up, select the delete button.
This will erase all messages stored within your iPhone that are older than 30 days.