It is recommended to check regularly and keep track of the amount of storage space used by various applications as well as files stored within your Mac. Here are the steps needed to Check Storage on Mac.
Check and Manage Storage on Mac
All you need to do to check and manage Storage on your Mac simply click the Apple Logo located in the top menu bar of your Mac and then click on the “About This Mac Option in the dropdown menu.
Beyond that, there are many other methods to keep track of and monitor the status of your the storage space used by different software and files that reside on the device.
1. Easy Way to Check Storage on Mac
As previously mentioned the most straightforward and most efficient method to check the status of your the storage in Mac can be to simply click the Apple Logo in top menu bar.
1. Click on the Apple Logo in top menu bar, then choose the About This Mac option in the drop-down menu.
2. On the next screen, select Storage, and then wait for your Mac to determine the amount of storage that’s available in your gadget.
Within a couple of minutes, you will be able to get a visual illustration of the storage space consumed and how much is left in your gadget.
3. To discover more information on storage Click on the button Manage.
4. On the next screen, you can click Applications in the left-hand pane. In the right-hand-pane you’ll be able to be able to see the space used by every Application in your Mac.
Similar to that, select Documents, Music and the other tabs to check the storage space used by Music, Documents and other files in your Mac.
2. Check Storage on Mac Using Finder
First step, turn on the Hard Disk in the Finder Side-bar Menu. Once Hard Disk appears in Finder you will be able to see Hard Disk Status on your Mac.
1. Click on the icon of the Finder in your Mac.
2. Next, click on the Finder tab at the top of the menu bar and then choose Preferences in the menu drop down.
3. On the Finder Preferences screen, click the Sidebar tab and then check the hard Disks option under the ‘Locations section.
When the option to display Hard Disk in Finder side-bar menu is selected it will allow you to verify the state of your storage on Mac through entering Finder.
1. Click on the icon for Finder that is located on the Dock of your Mac.
2. On the next screen, right-click Macintosh… in the the side menu, and then select Get Info option in the contextual menu.
The next screen you’ll be able to view the details of your storage on the next screen. You will be able to view detailed information about your Mac.
3. Check Storage on Mac Using Disk Utility
Another method of checking the state of storage on Mac is to use Disk Utility.
1. Press Command + Spacebar + Option keys to open the search feature in your Mac.
2. On the next screen enter Disk Utility in the search bar, and then double-click Disk Utility in the search results.
3. On the Disk Utility screen you can clearly see the status of the storage that is occupied and accessible in your Mac.