Car driving in a major city is stressful, particularly when you’re stuck in morning rush-hour traffic. This is why using an effective GPS and a navigation application like Google Maps is crucial. Modern cities are so massive that it’s nearly impossible to get from point A to point B without having a digital map.
Google Maps makes navigation easier due to its voice directions. While driving around, there’s no have to look at the screen. Simply follow the directions in the voice and follow the directions.
What happens if the voice directions do not work? What can you do to solve the issue?
Fix Google Maps Voice Directions Not Working
1. Make sure you check the volume settings.
The first thing to do is ensure that the volume on your phone isn’t muted. You may have accidentally pressed the volume up or mute button and didn’t realize that you did it.
Use the volume up button that is located on the back on your smartphone. Scroll down from the upper corner of your phone’s screen and make sure that the phone is set to silent mode.
You can also use the volume up button after you have launched Google Maps.
In the event that Google Maps’ volume settings are not dependent on the settings on your phone and your device’s volume can be set as 100 percent, you won’t hear anything until you use the volume-up button after you have launched Google Maps.
2. Enable Play Voice over Bluetooth
If you have connected your mobile to the car’s Bluetooth system, ensure that you enable your Play Voice over Bluetooth option for voice navigation to be effective.
Below are the instructions you need to follow on Android
- Click the hamburger icon in Google Maps
- Click on Settings and then Settings. Settings for navigation
- Switch off toggle on the play voice-over Bluetooth feature in addition to option to Play voice on telephone calls option.
Also, ensure that the volume settings for the guidance settings are adjusted to Louder.
When you’re on an iPhone You’ll need to tap the picture of your account and then click Settings > navigation and then turn on two options. Play Voice over Bluetooth options.
3. Reset or disable your Bluetooth connection
If your phone was unable to establish a reliable connection with your vehicle’s Bluetooth system it won’t be able to hear roads names, voice instructions,, and other signals.
Turn off your mobile as well as your car Bluetooth. Tap the bottom right corner of your screen and then tap to the Bluetooth icon to switch off Bluetooth. You can then try connecting your phone to your car.
If none of this worked or not work, attempt to reset your Bluetooth connection entirely. This is by removing the existing vehicle Bluetooth connection from the settings on your phone and then setting it up again.
Read More: How to Clear the Cache in Google Chrome
4. Close Google Maps and clear the cache
Your phone’s cache could occasionally cause problems with certain features of apps. This is why we’ll force-close Google Maps and clear the app cache.
- Go to Settings – Apps
- Locate Google Maps and tap it
- Click on the Force Stop button
- Select on the storage option, then tap the Clear cache button to remove the cache Google Maps cache
- Start the app again and verify that the issue has gone away.
5. Updating Google Maps and your OS
If an app isn’t working in the way it should, you’re running an old version. The process of updating Google Maps to the latest version will fix the issue.
In terms of updates, make sure that your device is running the most recent OS version. To upgrade Google Maps, open the Play Store app and search for Google Maps. If you see an Update button on the app, tap it.
6. Reinstall Google Maps
If Google Maps is still not giving voice directions, remove the application.
- Open the Google Play Store and tap the Search bar
- Google Maps. Search Google Maps and then tap the Uninstall button.
- Then download and install the application again.
7. Make use of an alternative application
If nothing works or even worked, try installing the app again, switch on a new GPS or navigation application.
The top options for Google Maps alternatives for smartphones include Waze, HERE Maps, and MapQuest. Explore them and then stick to the application which best meets your needs.